Happy Labor Day Everyone....
Labor Day is one of the least recognized, forgotten-about-until-around-the-corner holidays of the year—one that we seem to appreciate only after realizing it affords us a three-day weekend come September.
Here are seven tidbits you probably never knew about the holiday.
1. THE FIRST LABOR DAY CELEBRATION WAS SEPTEMBER 5, 1882 IN NEW YORK CITY.
2. THE HOLIDAY IS OFTEN CONFUSED WITH "MAY DAY."
3. THE THEORY ABOUT WHY WE CAN'T WEAR WHITE AFTER LABOR DAY IS HIGHLY DEBATED.
4. LABOR DAY IS THE OFFICIAL END OF HOT DOG SEASON.My FAV!
5. IT IS THE SECOND MOST DANGEROUS HOLIDAY WEEKEND TO DRIVE ON U.S. HIGHWAYS.
6. THE HOLIDAY ALSO SYMBOLIZES OTHER ENDINGS AND BEGINNINGS.(Football)
7. LABOR DAY IRONICALLY CAUSES SOME OF THE LONGEST WORKING HOURS FOR RETAIL WORKERS.
If you would like to read the full story please click HERE.
Let's chat soon,
PS If you know of anyone who might enjoy this romp, please sign them up HERE!